We’re approaching June in just a few weeks, and it’s time to start planning your “hot girl summer.” There is nothing more enjoyable than basking in the sun while sipping on a summer beverage. But there is something better than combining cannabis with the drink!
Yes, we provide you with access to medical marijuana and up-to-date information on what’s going on in the community at Louisiana Medical Marijuana Doctors, but we also have a fun side! Summer and cocktails are as essential to our enjoyment as anyone else’s.
In this post, we’ll present you with some of our favorite cocktail recipes that are ideal for the summertime! Each cocktail may be prepared on its own or enhanced by including your personal marijuana tincture.
Before we get started, let’s go over what tinctures are, how to utilize them, and why they’re ideal for producing your cannabis cocktails!
What exactly are they?
Only marijuana extracts and oils are allowed for sale in dispensaries throughout the state of Louisiana, therefore tinctures are quite popular. Marijuana-infused alcohol is what tinctures are. They usually include a dropper with which you may add the tincture to your food, eat it orally or drink it.
Tinctures have been around a long time. They were the original type of medical marijuana before prohibition, and they are still popular today! Tinctures have maintained their popularity over time because they are simple to use and administer.
How to use them:
The first and most important thing to keep in mind while using tinctures is to start low and slow, just like with any other medical marijuana product. This will assist you to avoid any of those unpleasant “highs” that may ruin your summer entertainment!
It’s not recommended to take more than one dropper full of CBD liquid at a time. If you’ve never used this substance before, go with a 1 mL dose placed straight under your tongue. Allow yourself 15-40 minutes to feel the effects. If this works for you, you’ve hit the mark! If not, continue. We propose waiting a day before trying again with somewhat more to see if it’s effective. You may avoid overdoing it by taking things slow and finding the ideal dose that works best for you!
Why are they ideal for canna cocktails?
The finest method to produce canna cocktails is with tinctures because it’s the simplest approach!
Summer cocktails are a fantastic way to make use of your cannabis. You may simply create a summer cocktail and add the precise amount of marijuana you desire. If you only want one beverage, you may use the entire dose. If you’re more of a two-plus drinker, you can split up your dose per cocktail. It’s really simple!
Tinctures are likewise fantastic for mixed drinks because they contain alcohol. This makes them ideal for use in cocktails and doesn’t affect the taste or recipe at all!
Moscow Mule with Blackberry Basil
Nothing beats a cool, refreshing Moscow mule in the summer! Here’s our spin on the classic drink with a marijuana twist.
- 8-10 basil leaves
- The juice from two limes
- Ginger beer
- One cup of blackberries
- One cup of your favorite vodka
- With a certain amount of THC or CBD tincture, depending on how much of the drug you take, the effects will be different.
- Pick up a shaker.
- Put some blackberries and some basil leaves in the shaker, then start muddling them with the vodka that’s at the bottom.
- Make sure the blackberries’ juices come out all the way.
- Put the lime in the shaker and add enough ice to fill it about 3/4 of the way.
- Shake until it’s cool.
- After filling the copper Moscow mule mugs with ice, slowly pour the cocktail over the ice until it reaches approximately halfway up the mug.
- If you do not want the seeds, place a small strainer over the cup and continue to pour liquid into it while the strainer is in place to collect the seeds.
- Add ginger beer and your choice of THC or CBD tincture on top.
- Garnish the finished cannabis drink with lime slices, fresh basil, and blackberries.
Pomegranate Gin Fizz Recipe
For those of you who want something with gin rather than vodka, instead of a classic Negroni, try this swap-up!
- Lime juice
- Soda water
- Your favorite gin
- Fresh pomegranate
- Your choice of THC or CBD tincture
- Alternatively, you may simply dilute fresh pomegranate juice.
- CBD tincture of your choice
- Starting with making your own pomegranate juice:
- Remove the seeds from a pomegranate and place them in a blender. Blend the seeds until they are completely smooth.
- To get rid of the seeds, pour the juice through a strainer into a bowl or cup.
- Cheesecloth or a nut-milk bag are two other options you have here.
- Get a shaker and mix 1.5 ounces of your favorite gin, a dash of lime juice to taste, pomegranate juice, and the tincture.
- Shake until it’s cool.
- Get a glass and put ice in it.
- Pour the drink over the ice, and then top it off with soda water.
Here’s a low-calorie alternative to the traditional mojito for our rum enthusiasts!
- One can of lime La Croix
- 2-3 fresh lime wedges
- A couple of sprigs of mint
- THC or CBD tincture of choice
- 1-2 ounces of Bacardi or your favorite white rum
- 1 serving of stevia or a low-calorie sweetener in 2 packets
- Fill a highball glass halfway with mint, lime juice, and stevia, and muddle it.
- Fill the glass halfway with ice.
- Stir in the rum and then your tincture.
- Serve with a lime slice and other garnishes.
Pineapple Jalapeño Smash
We all know that a lot of you in Louisiana enjoy getting down and dirty with your cocktails, so here’s a canna cocktail for you!
- Half of a juiced lime
- 1-2 slices of fresh jalapeño
- 1.5- 2 ounces of your favorite vodka
- 3 ounces of pineapple juice
- 5-6 one-inch pineapple chunks
- CBD tincture or THC
- In a mixing glass, muddle the jalapeño slices, lime juice, and diced pineapple with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tincture and vodka, then top with pineapple juice, more ice, and a splash of fruit.
- Put the drink in the fridge and shake it until it is cold.
- Add some ice cubes to your drink of choice. Pour in your cocktail.
- Garnish with a jalapeño slice, if desired.
If you’re looking to enjoy these delicious cannabis cocktails in the comfort of your own home, make sure you have a Medical Marijuana Card in Louisiana! We can help you get your card and provide you with all the information you need about Louisiana’s cannabis laws.